"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."- Albert Einstein.
When the same legal problems keep happening over and over, it is normal to get frustrated. This is especially common in situations where people must interact closely over a long period of time (divorce, custody, business partners, neighbors).
If you are in this situation, it can be helpful to look at things with a fresh, new perspective, especially at the start of a new year! Here are some tips to help get you unstuck, and on your way to a better year.
- Tap into your creative side- try tackling the problem from a new vantage point. Where do you do your best thinking? What time of day? Set aside some time to brainstorm and treat this like a serious project.
- Don't rule out anything. Make a list of possible solutions. You can even include solutions that are impractical or seem silly. This may help you see an angle you hadn't thought about before.
- Put yourself in the other guy's shoes. If a lot of what is happening is out of your hands, you'll need to try to figure out why others are motivated to cause trouble (or unmotivated to find a solution).
- Try to find a way to talk to the other person/people in a way that they can understand. Try to give "constructive criticism" and try not to put them on the defensive.
- Look at your own behavior. You aren't perfect. What can you do better? Are you a "control freak"? Do you surprise people by holding in your anger until you blow? Are there some issues that are better left alone.
If you need assistance with a legal issue, a legal consultation with a qualified attorney can provide you with further ideas about solutions and options, and can give you a new perspective on an old problem!
"Passionate, Professional & Personal. We Make the Difference." For Over Thirty Years.
Se habla español
Se habla español